No time to cook for just one person? (Yourself)
No problem. Food prep doesn’t have to be time-consuming! I was able to prepare lunch while getting dressed, ready for work.
You can alter or adapt the salad, but the trick is 3 parts olive oil to 1 part vinegar.
Spinach leaves, washed and drained
1 egg, boiled
1 quarter of a bell pepper, diced; add more if you like
1/8 cup of pasta noodles
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
(optional: sesame seeds for garnish)
1. Set water to boil at medium heat.
2. Layer spinach, dice bell peppers. Set egg in the water. It takes about 5-8 minutes for the egg to be boiled to perfection.
3. (Do what you need to do in the mean time, such as chores; etc)
4. Use a tablespoon to scoop the egg out. Set aside to cool and add noodles.
5. (Divert attention to what needs to be done; you have up to maximum of 12 minutes until the noodles are al-dente)
6. Season with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Voila! Quick lunch.
If you want to change it up, add fresh strawberries, walnuts, Gorgonzola cheese and pesto as a combination. Really, anything goes. With so many different types of vinegars to choose from, salads would never be boring. Bon appetit!