What’s for supper? Cheesy broccoli soup, potato pancakes and beef goulash. All made from scratch! It’s amazing what a blender can do to make vegetables a delicious soup! Before I blabber about what goes in each dish, I’d like to thank my boyfriend for taking this picture — my digital camera sort of died on me.
Cheesy Broccoli Soup (or substitute with cauliflower, if you’d like!)
(1 hour and 45 minutes to prep/cook)
1 medium celery stalk
1 broccoli head
1 small onion
1/2 cube of chicken stock
1/2 tsp of pepper
5 ounces of milk
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
- Boil all ingredients, except milk and cheese, until soft at medium high heat.
- Blend mixture.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan; add milk and shredded cheese. Stir constantly.
1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef; or substitute with tofu if you are vegetarian (be sure to dry with paper towel first)
1/2 cup celery
1 medium sized onion
1 packet of Knorr Paprika Goulash
1 cup macaroni, uncooked
1 1/2 cup water
1 can of tomato paste
1 tsp of Worchestireshire sauce
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Cook beef, onion and celery; stir constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and bake covered for 40 to 50 minutes or until it’s become fairly dry.
4 cups potatoes, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
1 small onion (optional)
chives or green onions (optional, for colour)
- Stir ingredients in a huge bowl.
- Drop a small amount of vegetable oil onto skillet. Fry until golden brown.
- You might have to keep stirring the mixture in the bowl since potatoes can get watery after a while.
Some other variations of making potato pancakes is to mash the potatoes, mix it with flour and fry them. You can add whichever seasonings you’d like!
Mmm, it smelled so good when all the action was happening! My boyfriend kept asking when it was going to be done. The best part about eating homemade food? Less preservatives; it is much more healthy and more easy on the wallet! We all wish there was room for seconds, but guess what’s for lunch tomorrow? 🙂